Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Falls and pins

Last night I could hear my mother scolding her dogs with lines like "No Maggie! Bad girl!" Figuring the dogs had pooped in the bedroom again, I went back to sleep and ignored everything else coming from her room that night. Usually, I have to sleep with earplugs in. When I got up and came into the dining room this morning, she told me at one point during the night she had nearly fallen out of bed and was pinned on her bad arm. Fortunately she was eventually able to roll over and move off the edge of the bed. 

This evening after walking the dogs I came in she was on the floor in front of the clothes dryer, unable to get up. I could not lift her because she was dead weight. We had to phone my uncle Ron to help getting her up. Ron and I were able together to lift her onto a low stool and from there she was able to to be lifted up to her walker. After she was up, he stayed a few minutes to talk and visit until she felt better emotionally. He came up with the very good suggestion of getting the phone number of the nearest fire department so she could have that phone number ready next time we need help getting her up. 

No comments: