Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

She can't drive herself

I am here past my planned exit date now. I took mother to her dialysis treatment this morning. As we were getting into her car, I watched her try to put her walker into the back seat. She couldn't do it. She could not even begin to lift the walker to push it in. Then she started talking about how no one has time to help her. She brought a lot of this on herself by refusing to compromise her lifestyle and then telling everyone she could drive herself everywhere because Doctor Starnes said she could when he was only referring to her shoulder injury. After dropping her off at the medical center, I started descending into an anxiety attack. I tried to phone every family member I could. No one was available to talk. 

Once I pulled myself back together, I ran a few shopping errands and came back to clean the garage a bit more and put things away. Every time I start thinking about the pickle I'm in now, I start spiraling downward. 

Trapped is how I feel. Falling without a parachute. 

No comments: