Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Is this the Final Showdown at the Time Clock?

I've been doing the two part-time job dance for a while now, still hoping to find full-time work and unable to get more than two half-days a week from job no. 2 but hoping for more time on a regular basis from them. Job no. 1 still only gives me two days a week, usually, despite the fact that I was hired under the agreement that I would train at part-time hours and immediately go to full-time with full benefits after that brief training period. I don't suppose any business hires anyone for full-time hours anymore unless they are admin jobs. That would be okay if my hours were predictable so I could easily fill in the gaps with another job and avoid any conflicts. Neither job wants to give me that. My hours change on an as-needed basis. I am unspeakably frustrated. I want to work. I need to make money. I need the interaction of other human beings. Admittedly, job no. 1 is very hard on me physically and most of my co-workers, who are half my age and twice my size and did not spend their lives working at a computer, seem to view me as a primadonna.

Here is today's correspondence from from job no.1, who still give me more hours per week than my preferred job - no. 2.

Is this the final showdown? I don't know. This is my correspondence with them today.
I might be down to working 8 hours a week at one job.
This is actually an email I sent LAST WEEK and never got an answer to it. I re-sent it today with the additional reminder about the time off for weddings.


Begin forwarded message:

From: Moi
Subject: Re: My Schedule and Availability
Date: August 17, 2016 at 11:58:33 AM EDT
To: Department Manager

I will be there between 1:30 and 2:00 p.m.
That's the best I can do.

- Moi
 
On Aug 17, 2016, at 10:23 AM, Department Manager wrote:

Moi,
If you don't work your scheduled shift on the 23rd it will be counted as an absence, I already have the closing shift covered.
Thank You,
Dept Manager

From: Moi
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:08:24 AM
Subject: My Schedule and Availability
Here is my schedule at the other place, for now. Set in stone from their end.
Wed, 8/17, 3:00PM - 7:00PM
Tues 8/23, 9:00AM - 1:00PM  (conflict - I could work 2:00PM-10:00PM if necessary)
Fri, 8/26, 3:00PM - 7:00PM

Here is my availability:
Thu, 8/18, FREE ALL DAY  and scheduled at F&D 8:00AM-5:00PM
Fri, 8/19 - 8/21, FREE ALL DAY  available for work
Wed, 8/24, FREE ALL DAY  available for work
Thu, 8/25, FREE ALL DAY and scheduled at F&D 8:00AM-2:00PM

F.I.Y.
I still need to be off work Sept 9 - 11 to attend a wedding on September 10 in Atlanta, Georgia.
I need to be off work for my own wedding, now moved to October 15. Please allow me to be off work October 13- 17.

No comments: