Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2018

Post Op Holiday

So today my GI issues are still going on despite two doses of imodium. Monstermustdie drove me to the hospital to be tested for a bacterial infection. After finding what desk to check in at, get processed, and wait, I was taken to a small filthy bathroom to leave a sample for the lab. They said my test results will probably be ready by Monday afternoon. 
Meanwhile, I'm glad that MonsterMustDie is not having the same problems I am having. I would hate for him to be sick as a result of my visit to the hospital.
Clostridium difficile
One of the most well-known HAIs, C. diffcauses inflammation of the colon, and symptoms can range from diarrhea to life-threatening colitis. Antibiotic-associated diarrhea is the most common symptom, following medication ingestion that eliminates good bacteria from the intestine along with the bad. The bacteria are transmitted via the fecal-oral route, most commonly being transferred from an infection site to another patient by a healthcare provider's hands. C. diff is resistant to many routine cleaning products, including alcohol-based hand cleaners, so it is able to survive in clinical locations for extended periods of time. C. diff can usually be treated with antibiotics, but in some cases a stool transplant may help restore bacterial imbalances.

No comments: