Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Wettening

There is a tropical storm running up the east coast this week. It rained hard last night. Forecast is for rain all week, including harder rain and thunderstorms tonight. Power went out here for a few hours but everything in the fridge looks fine. Here's hoping we have no long power failures here. The thing about continuing wet weather and power outages combined means there are no alternative cooking methods like backyard grilling here at Casa WereMonster. So far, I am thankful that my food-making ability is still intact. Gotta cook that chicken and duck breast I have in the freezer before anything bad happens.
I got up and walked around the house to check things just long enough to poke myself in the left eye with a wood dowel propped up in the back mud room. Checking the damage when I got up this morning, I am pleased to say it's just a tiny scratch on the side of my nose and a slight bruising in the corner of that eye. I'm very glad I didn't do more damage to myself.
MonsterMustDie is about to go out on what has been daily errands to the antique mall and store. I suspect he does it for a bit of privacy and alone time that I can't blame him for. I nag him to wear a mask and please wash his hands coming back into the house every time. He has nearly abandoned wearing gloves at this point. It really bothered me yesterday when we ran to the grocery store together and the first thing he did outside the car, without gloves, was grab a shopping cart that had not yet been wiped down and brought it into the store to shop with. He's acting out his frustration a bit these days. I also have to beg him to place things on the floor as he brings them into the house rather than putting them up on the kitchen countertop - my food prep area - as soon as he walks in. I wipe the countertops down often but it's still a bad habit.

Last night, in prep for the power or internet possibly going out, I downloaded the 1st season of What We Do In The Darkness and some favorite old StarTrek episodes to my laptop just so we'd have some entertainment if either or both went out. I've still got a lot of iTunes  credit that transfers to purchases on Apple music, TV, and iBooks - another thing to be grateful for. Now, I just need to find a good rechargeable battery to add extra life to the laptop for long periods between charges. I am trying to find any "juice box" we might have laying around to charge. We don't have any good batteries but we have a few swag gifts laying around here.

No comments: