Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Home Improvement During The. Pandemic

Last week was extremely stressful for me between scams by bots trying to pose as job interviews and receiving a damaged new sink that was not in stock anywhere else nearby. I decided to completely ignore and kill all message streams from the bot, while saving all documentation of the event. We were able to return the damaged sink to our local Home Depot and then we traveled to the store in Charlotte, NC, where we found a match for it in stock - two, infact. After inspecting the sink in store, we bought it and came straight back to High Point with it. One more thing ready to go. 

MonsterMustDie has decided to replace the dilapidated awning in back of the house. A contractor for the awning company showed up unannounced at our house this morning at 9:00 a.m. to look at the old one and take measurements for a quote. He brought fabric samples that we decided on. MonsterMustDie has decided to (stupid but predictably) keep the old frame that keeps being blown off the side of the house and is just dangling now to save a little money. (This always means spending 2 - 3 times as much eventually.) 

The quote for the new awning cover is $750.00. The man who came to our house had a flimsy paper mask that he kept pulled down to his chin. MonsterMustDie wore a mask during the entire meeting. I am not happy with the man only having a mask as a gesture but neither of us said anything because we were afraid of starting a fight. People in High Point are mostly right-wing and very nasty and aggressive even when unprovoked. We just tried to keep our distance and wore our own masks. I am leaving this entirely up to MonsterMustDie because it is the one thing he is paying for on his own. His circus. His monkeys.  

I am paying for the entire kitchen repair from my savings because the current kitchen is dysfunctional and I believe I should do it now because I anticipate my savings slowly dissolving, without any future income, leaving me with no ability in the future to make things work here. I probably have more money now than I will ever have again in my life and I need to make an investment in the future now.

No comments: