Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2020

It was a pretty good Tuesday

They delivered the new dishwasher and took the old one away. The new dishwasher is sitting in the middle of our kitchen now, waiting to be installed with a new water filter system, stainless steel sink and disposal unit after we have the new countertop in.  

Tuesday, MonsterMustDie and I went to the Greensboro Arboretum park and had a very good walk and look around most of the park. I was scoping areas for a picnic later. There are just a few tables with benches in a shady area behind the office at the entrance but there are several grassy lawns where people are allowed to spread out blankets and lounge. The park looks good with new plantings and freshly mowed grass and the weather is just beginning to cool before fall sets in. 

After the park, we stopped into Target CVS where, at the urging of MonsterMustDie, I finally got my first ever flu shot and the first part of the shingles vaccine. Mission accomplished. 

When I got home, there were two packages for me - one in the mail from California and one on my doorstep from Atlanta. Both of them contained surprise delights from women I love. 

Wednesday, I spent the day with no energy but otherwise feeling fine with no tenderness where I had the injections. The lethargy was the only vague symptom of the shots and that might have just been my crazy sleep parterns for all I know. 

Thursday, I was back to my usual spinning around the house bored and trying to avoid  impulse buying online or driving my car too much before I take it in for its regular maintenance, which is due now. I have to mind the upkeep on that for my splendid Kia warranty.  

Now I need to create a purpose for myself today. The news is filled with 9-11 memorials this morning which is, ironically, a welcome reprieve from too much political madness. 


No comments: