Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

sharing too much

I have one new coworker who is working with a Covid infection today at the dress shop.  I heard her casually discussing it with Michael, a retired military man who works there.
This, minutes after he told me his sister works in a place where no one wears masks now, as if to suggest we shouldn't wear them here. 

Two weeks ago, I showed MonsterMustDie some LED remote-controlled candles I planned to use for Halloween decor on the dining table and the fireplace mantle. A week ago, he saw me get them in the mail from Amazon and set them up with new batteries, which he helped me install in all of them. Tonight, he came up to me looking kinda scared and told me to keep an eye on those candles I had lit in the living room because he didn't want them to be a fire hazard. I had to remind him that they were just LEDs, on a timer, that he had seen me set up a week ago. Fortunately, he wasn't upset by his memory loss (I am) and he just said "Oh, really? They look great." and that was that. He just sat on the couch and went back to watching Dracula with Klaus Kinski on Netflix.  

No comments: