Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2022

death in the family

 My oldest uncle died this morning.  I got a text this morning at 10:30 a.m. from my youngest and last surviving uncle, Robert, "Uncle Ronnie died this morning”. 

I phoned Robert immediately. He was at Ron & Joyce's house, waiting for the funeral director to arrive at the house. Ron had just passed. I asked what happened and Robert told me that Ron had pancreatic cancer and his health had been in decline for several years. Still, his death came quicker than they expected. He was lucky enough to be in hospice care at home. We talked until the funeral home van pulled up in the driveway. I texted all of the Perry family that I had a phone number for. Now, I am waiting until someone is able to let me know about any funeral/memorial plans that will be made. Looks like I have another trip to Georgia is in the near future. 

No comments: