Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

juggling

 I had taken action to be off work last week for my Uncle's funeral. Instead of a traditional burial, he was cremated and there was no funeral that week. I had already made preparations for time off so I was still off work those days. Some of that was good because I would have had to cancel a car maintenance appointment I had made a while back to drive down to Georgia. I was going to have to do a car-juggling & ride with MonsterMustDie to make it happen on time so I was able to keep the appointment and have my car serviced instead of waiting weeks for another appointment when we already had to a quart of oil to it this week.  

I talked to my remaining uncle, who said the family was planning a small private memorial service in December. However, he was a bit confused on the exact date and place. I haven't had any direct communication with my mother's family since then. Now, I'm scheduled to work until 11:15PM (retail work after Thanksgiving) on that weekend. I've left a voice message with my uncle. I texted my sister-in-law, who told me not to worry about it, which in family code would usually mean we are not invited to the memorial, anyway. It could just be for my aunt and her children. That would certainly qualify as a private family event. I suppose a text and a brief phone call is the only goodbye we get. 

In other news, we'll be spending Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day with Jennifer and her family and I am very thankful for their generosity, indeed. 


No comments: