Search This Blog

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Dysfunction

MonsterMustDie was out all day, hunting for dead people's stuff, with a small but very specific list of provisions to pick up. He got every last thing wrong, to extent that I think he did it on purpose. That, and he seems to have intentionally omitted the main thing we needed, which was paper towels. He is quite capable of passive aggressive behavior when he thinks I ask too much. This is not fair, considering that I alone paid $550 to a tree service last week to trim some branches hitting our roof and clean our gutters. The gutters were overflowing and causing damage to the woodwork outside the house. That still needs to be replaced as soon as I can find someone to do the work, since I am not a carpenter. 

I woke up this morning to find the thermostat set at 65 degrees. That's too cold even for me in the morning. I turned it back up to the usual Summer temp of 72 degrees (70 if I'm actively cooking) and asked about the temperature. MonsterMustDie said he had not touched the AC. Maybe it was bumped down and forgotten about last night. He was also hyper-sensitive to sound and light this morning. I turned down the volume on the TV, which is always up too high in the morning. I turned overhead lights back off - we don't really need them anyway with window light in the Summer. 

All this also makes me wonder if he sneaks in drinking when he's out of town and/or I'm at work at night. 

I've got other things to deal with. All of the Alexa devices, including the DVD player which had color settings that seemed to be RG but no B and high contrast, have been wonky this week in ways that I have only partially worked through and reset. Most of it was fixed with updates and rebooting to reset everything easily. The Alexa in the bedroom, which I often use as my alarm or reminder, is still not functioning properly - mostly not listening to me. 
Lastly, my earbuds are not functioning correctly but I think that's entirely my fault from falling asleep most nights listening to podcasts on them, which is very annoying because the earbuds are also the main way I listen to music. The left bud/speaker is not playing music. I know it's still on because now and then it plays a system sound occasionally, with no prompting. I wonder if I changed something by sleeping on it. Or maybe that battery is going kaput, which seems unlikely because they are still too new. 

The UTI I had last month finally cleared after three rounds of antibiotics. No idea what brought it on other than generally bad habits on my part, mentioned earlier. The important thing is I feel good now. I'll be working a 4-hour shift at the dress shop this morning. The rest of the day will possibly be spent pacing in circles around the house. 

No comments: