Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2001

It was a monday at work today. That off-time kinda feeling as if nothing was functioning at full capacity in the company.
Tomorrow will be much better.

Had dinner with my pal David last night at Doc Chey's (peace, love and noodles). Chilly night (one of the few this year) and despite the cold we had gelato after dinner. Lots of good conversation. He's gleefully busy now with his life and energized by it. A good counter balance to my lack of energy that evening. If I was a dolphin, I'd be riding the wake of his boat.

Got a call from Gretch to confirm the number of folks to make reservations for the Big Chik Nite Gathering at Satsuki. I told her to count my in for two. And so the die is cast for a fun evening to look forward to between Christmas and New Year.

Christmas has me filled with anxiety now because I still haven't got concrete plans on how to spend the holiday and I do not want to be guilted into being stuck alone with my parents for the day (yes, I know - very bad use of the English language, turning a noun into a verb). I am starting to become resentful of my brother's ready escape device of being married with other responsibilities. It would be so nice just to kick back at home with some Chinese food and good books or videos.

No comments: