Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2003

It's been a day of recovery and falling woefully behind schedule on everything I've done. Still, it hasn't been a bad day. In fact, it's been pretty good. I spent the morning with Aziz and Lisa having coffee & leftovers, cleaning up after the party last night. I was up quite late and then woke up, as usual, with the sun around 9 a.m.


Did a massive laundry run to clean large things - my bathrugs, my comforter and blankets, in an effort to deodorize things. Something smells burnt now. Is it my bedroom or did I sit too close to one of the several dozen tealights burning last night? With all the horrible cooking smells seeping into my bedroom from the apartment downstairs, it's hard to determine the source of anything now. I want a sweet smelling home again.


Tried to take a nap late in the day after the Laundry Lounge, but wasn't too successfull. Laid in a semi-coma doze for a couple of hours and then got up to get ready and go to Eyedrum to see Clark and Nathan's performance. Afterwards, ended up going to a wonderful warehouse art show just down the street. Mostly student work but a big show in a large space. Big crowd of beautiful creative people and their work. Several video installations, painting, sculpture, photography and live music. Felt very fortunate to have stumbled upon it by virtue of running into friends at Eyedrum who stay informed.

No comments: