Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2003

Frustrating week


My father went into the hospital on Wednesday for exploratory surgery. I found out he was scheduled for it on Sunday. Seems very extreme since I've been told they haven't found anything on x-rays or blood tests that was unusual but they still haven't figured out why he stays congested and why his lungs keep filling with fluid. So his doctor scheduled him for surgery this week.

I am still in the dark about what's going on and no one, including my mother, will say anything. But they've brought my brother into this. No one brings my brother into any family crisis, as his life is too busy for that. Great. Not a good sign at all for him to be there.


My brother doesn't talk to me either. Not about anything.


Anyway, Dad was supposed to go in Wednesday morning, maybe stay over night and be home the next day. Instead he has been in ICU for two days. My mother has been there by his side all day, going home at night to sleep. My brother has been there both days, as has my sister-in-law and my uncle and his wife, according to my mother.


Tonight, they were going to move him into a private room but there was no answer on the phone there. My mother phoned from home and said she'd turned off the phone in the room so he could sleep.


I ended up working tonight until just after 9 p.m. By the time I got home tonight, my mind was fried. I remembered Chaz's show at the Star Bar tonight around 11 ish p.m. and decided it was probably too late to attempt to make it out. I'm sorry I missed it - would have been a welcome change. My camera and I had been looking forward to it.


Also, I had a message that Aud's grandfather had passed away yesterday.
She and husband will be very busy this week with all that that involves.

No comments: