Search This Blog

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Started Saturday by working half a day. We'll be closed Monday for Yom Kippur, so it seemed the least I could do was show up for a little while and help clear a few jobs out.

Then went to visit my parents for a few hours after that.

This morning I'm trying to coordinate what's left of my weekend. Too late already to make it to yoga at the gym. This afternoon the nice boy said he'd help me move my Birthday Rug from my parents house into my place before he goes off to eat with his own parents. Later tonight I'm supposed to be catching a film with Monster, who'll be in town from Alabama.

I'm starting to think of Alabama as the job mecca. So many of my friends and neighbors have found work there when there's still none in Atlanta. Some are commuting 3 to 4 hours daily to work out of state while still hoping to find a job close to home, friends, and family. Others have already re-located to the neighboring state. The general consensus is there is nothing of any interest whatsoever there other than making a living. Everyone still comes here as often as possible for art, socializing, music, good food & coffee, and cultural events. But making a living is important. Maybe some of these transplants will stir things up and make better things happen there. Or at least something worth writing home about.

No comments: