Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

My grandmother Hardy (my father's mother) passed on from this life yesterday.


Both of my parents have been taking turns sitting with her at the hospital. My father could only be with her part of the time. She and my mother always had an intense dislike of eachother, to say the least. I was talking to Monster yesterday morning, about how ironic it would be if she died in my mother's arms. As things happened, my father had to go home to prepare to fly out to Texas today and my mother was at her bedside. Mom took five minutes - maybe less - to walk down the hall for a soda or break and when she got back they told her Mrs. Hardy was dead. Mom turned her head for a few minutes and my grandmother slipped out when she wasn't looking. That, to me, seems just like her.

No comments: