Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2004

What started out as a lousy first week of the year is now growing into a bad month. Today my new boss of one week (actually half a week if you count the days I was out at the funeral home and the cemetery) says he's disappointed with my inability to catch on fast enough at work - but wait: he's not firing me... yet. He wants me to come in on a flat salary of much less than what my living expenses are now - a fraction of what I was hired for. And he wants me to take on more responsibilities. Like running the shop for a month when he's out of the country for a family visit.


My parents are in Houston all this week for my father's cancer treatments.


My car's check engine light is staying on constantly. This means eventually taking it in for even more expense that they can't guarantee will solve the mystery. I thought this was all computerized to the point there being no guess work. ehh.... I just hope I'm not being intentionally taken advantage of.

No comments: