Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Not a good day.
This is my first week at a new job. I am trying to learn my way around a new office while dealing with the family business of death.
Tomorrow is the visitation hours (wake) for my grandmother and the family wants me there. I have nothing to wear and no time to shop for anything proper. I will have to tell my new boss, just two days into my job there, that I need to take most of Thursday off and I need to get out of there as early as possible tomorrow to make it to the funeral home.


I came by my old work place tonight to handle just a few odds and ends before finally going home. I already miss Debbie and Burton terribly but I can't afford to work there any more. Partime maybe if I can balance it with a full time job that pays a liveable income but not full-time as my sole livelyhood.


I really must start buying lotto tickets to at least have self-justification of fantasizing keeping my fun job just because I don't need the money.

No comments: