Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

it was almost easter

With no pressmen available and most jobs being outsourced, the guys at work decided to take a "Good Friday" holiday. Despite being off work all day, I was useless on Friday - I had no energy at all and napped most of the day. I had every intention of going to a performance at the Inner Sanctum on Friday night but the bed felt way too good when when I laid down "just for a moment" and couldn't get back up. I was just hitting a doze when the phone rang and I answered it. Lo and behold, it was my brother calling to ask if I was up for a visit, to which I said "of course" and scrambled up and back into the jeans and bra I had half-consciously sloughed off between rollovers on the bed. As it turned out, my brother and sister-in-law had taken our mother out with them and my neice and nephew to celebrate sister-in-law's birthday. So my entire family showed up at more door impromptu and hung out in my living room for a little while before heading back to the suburbs. They'd been to Dante's Down the Hatch and The Cheesecake Factory. Two bottles of wine and some "lemon drops" later, everyone was all giggles on my couch.


Saturday, I slept more. Monster came over from Alabama in the afternoon and we ate a big seafood dinner at Aud and Nick's house that Nick had prepared.


Sunday, we had plans to go out to eat with Mom. By the time we got to the house to pick her up, Monster was feeling ill. He ended up spending several minutes in the bathroom before we gave up and went home. So much for the nice Easter dinner with my mother. I felt very sorry for him and the unfortunate emergence of what we now believe is a total seafood allergy. I felt fine but he was miserable. Mother was not at all bothered by not going out - she'd actually phoned to offer to cancel because of the stormy weather earlier - so we just agreed to some day in the future check out a good non-seafood restaurant together another day like, perhaps, The Horseradish Grill.

No comments: