Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Let's do dinner


I'm spending most of my weekends visiting my mother and talking with my sister-in-law about keeping wolves away. Mom looks like she's lost a bit of weight. Probably the depression but she also says she doesn't see how I cook for one. Two great resources for me: bags of salad already washed and cut, just waiting for me to eat it, and cereal. Also, maybe now she'll understand why I eat out as much as I do.


Actually, I know I eat out too much. And this week I'm making it out more than usual to get together with friends after work. Maybe going for a new record. Saturday we went to Dave & Busters to celebrate Lisamin's birthday. Sunday I ate out wit mom at PapaDeaux. Yesterday we celebrated more birthdays at R. Thomas. Tonight I met David at Doc Chey's and caught up with him and his life at the moment - a little bit anyway. Tomorrow I'll be getting together with Jae after work during a brief opening in her schedule.


And during all this week, I have enchilada ingredients on my countertop waiting to be assembled before the sweet potatoes I bought just for that recipe go bad.


Oh yeah... it snowed this morning too. In Atlanta. In March. Just a light clumpy powdering that was actually very beautiful to see coming down and melted instantly.

No comments: