Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2005

The dead still visit me in my dreams.


I dreamt there were dinosaurs of a few various kinds loose in the city and people were advised to stay indoors until the government said things were under control. Travel was not advised and then only in cars and not on foot. I went to a house my family never owned with Sandy and my mother to pick up a few supplies for the next few weeks - clothing, etc. When we got to the house, my father was there in a back room sitting on the couch, having breakfast. No one had known where he was and everyone was glad to see each other.


Scene two: Driving around, we end up in a restaurant that used to be a chapel, where patrons sit on church pews and a very good jazz band is playing. Adorable children dressed in Halloween costumes were waiting for a party to start afterwards. I was sitting with my parents, drinking coffee and holding a cigar, mostly for looks, and gesturing the cigar to the music being played. As we left my parents were, for reasons unknown to me, insisting that I speak to the musicians to tell them how much I enjoyed their performance. I was trying not to spill my coffee as I was shimmying out between the pews when the crowd was leaving all at once.

No comments: