Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2007

it weighs on my soul

Another rock in my head keeping me up at night.

Monster has found some planters that resale for a good price on the internet. He has made arrangements to buy two today and bring them home and plans to buy more.

The problem? They are made of asbestos, which might be part of the reason they are popular on the collector's market, for all I know - forbidden fruit. My father died a few years ago of mesothelioma, a form of lung cancer caused specifically by asbestos exposure. He gets that tone of voice like I'm being unreasonable when I say I wish he wouldn't sell those things and when I keep repeating that I DO NOT WANT THOSE PLANTERS IN THE HOUSE - THEY MUST STAY OUTSIDE IN HIS SHED.
Am I being maudlin? Maybe. Do I think, knowing me and my family as he does, that this is a bad decision on his part? Yes.

No comments: