Search This Blog

Friday, November 09, 2007

Elvis is the late night DJ at WILO.

I had that darned Harry Chapin song in my head this morning while I brushed my teeth and got ready for work.
It reminds me of a running joke/story with an old friend of mine. My friend grew up in Danville, Virginia, a mill town whose most famous native son is Mojo Nixon. Mojo (I forget his real name - you could probably google it) Nixon's father owned the only soul music radio station in the area, WILO, "Wonderful Willow". Once, after seeing Mojo Nixon perform at the Metroplex, I showed a photo from the show to my buddy's mother, who didn't even seem to notice the television that Mojo was wearing on his head will howling something. She just smiled wide and said "oh, he looks just like his daddy".

No comments: