Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2007

Winter edges closer

Onset of colder, darker days maybe?

Oh This sounds happy. Everything I see or read about this week seems to be pointing to depressing tales of dismal German artists. Maybe I need to purchase that book along with Klaus Kinski's autobiography and snuggle in for some dark and silent winter reading.

Or maybe not. Sounds as appealing as a Ingmar Bergman film fest to me. Not that I don't respect Bergman's work but I can only take these things in small doses. I have friends who will devour all of the above in large amounts but I am too morose by nature to immerse myself in lugubrious meditations.

Give me sitcoms. Give me red wine. Give me colorful sparklies and kitsch. Ginger. Caffeine. Minty freshness.
I still end up celebrating the dark underbelly more than the next person.

I don't feel especially dark this week. I'm just noticing a lot of this sort of stuff swirling around me lately.

No comments: