Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Very Good Weekend

The past three days this week were a flurry of activity at Rancho de WereMonster.

Friday, I was the host of the Vinophiles October meeting with a theme this month of Red Zinfandel.

Saturday was the big Birthday Party with friends and family. My mother, brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew, uncle, and aunt all made it here from The West (Cobb County) early in the evening. They left before things got too interesting so the old people could sleep and the young people could go out to play. MonsterMustDie made a very sweet toast before we cut the birthday cake. Lots of food, my favorite people and very generous gifts. I am extremely grateful to all who made it to our place for the party and I had a fabulous time. The fridge here is still loaded with leftover cake and food. Even with the large number of people who were here this weekend, there is a ton of wine in coolers here from Vinophiles and my mother, who apparently decided to clean out her cabinets and bring all of her vino here (If you want to come over for a low-key evening of DVDs here with leftover snacks and wine during this week or next, just let me know. I am the Queen of crackers and salad, cake and cookies).

Sunday was the Pumpkin Carving. There were some GREAT Jack o' Lanterns made. Some photos are posted on my Flickr page.

I had coffee and cake and Rose Delight for breakfast this morning.

Tonight, I combined what was in the fridge with several ingredients from the wonderful herb basket my friend Joe brought and made what turned out to be an incredibly tastey soup. Three kinds of mushrooms, lime zest, lemon grass, hot peppers, garlic, onion, various herbs, chard... Yum!

Now watching Anthony Bourdain on the Travel Channel with Monster John, who is exhausted from making my birthday so good.

No comments: