Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

home. health. money.

Has not been a good week, financially. I have had to tell MonsterMustDie that we can not afford a new cat because I can not pay veterinary bills like I did for most of Doris Kat’s vet visits. Also, a new cat would probably ruin our expensive uphostered furniture, although I know there are a lot of already-declawed cats up for adoptions in shelters like FurKids, etc. (I would never do that to a cat but if it’s done, it’s done and that would be a plus for an indoor lone cat.)

I had a small but expensive oral surgery last week and that, along with the cleaning that day, cost $1100.00 - and now I have to have a chipped filling replaced in a couple of weeks. I have to pay all of my dental bills out of pocket because I've never had insurance for that. The filling was chipped by grinding my teeth in my sleep. This means, when I can afford it, I really need to get a new retainer to straighten the teeth that are going crooked now and prevent more damage from grinding.

My revenant job, where I've been working a handful of hours a week for health insurance, gave me a new form along with a request for a check to pay for it. The insurance would be cheaper than the last time I checked on the cost of having my own policy but I'd now be paying it myself for more than I make a month and it is a company I have never heard of. I'm still not sure if my doctor or hospital of choice would accept that company. The gist of this is that I am facing, at the beginning of 2011, not having any health insurance.

My bank account is dwindling now and I'm trying to tell him that I can't contribute like I've been doing. He considers moving to a smaller, cheaper place a moot point because he has so many things in antiques, ceramics, and tools that this place is hardly big enough for him as is. I'm nearly certain he would rather be in a space with no yard to maintain so I wonder if a loft or industrial space would suit him better.

No comments: