Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Surviving Atlanta Snowpocalypse

I am going batty with nothing to do here. There is nothing to do outdoors and no one to visit by walking, if I could do that without falling on the solid sheet of ice that covers the ground here.

I started one ebay auction for an old film camera I have and if that goes well, I’ll continue to sell other old cameras I have for extra money in lieu of wages and to clear the closet of things I seldom use now. I will probably retain my old original Nikon FM camera and my old 2x2 twin lense camera but everything else must go. The ebay auction is also a form of self-entertainment.

I wish I had art supplies and an easel to doodle around here. Seriously considering some old school drawing and painting studio courses - which I will no doubt be criticized for taking - just to reconnect my brain a bit. I have a couple of workshops this weekend to attend that I hope will be inspiring.

I know I am being a malcontent at this point. Not meaning to complain too much. I do get tired of the line that “only boring people are bored” so I’ll try to make a bit more fun for myself here with what I've got. There has been a lot of cooking these past two days. Monday dinner was venison-pork hash with double garlic kale. Tuesday was shepherds pie made with the hash along with the last of the leftover kale. Tonight, dinner will be orzo with spinach, feta, and a bit of lemon juice.

Tomorrow, both my housemate and I will try to make it out into the world for work, post office, etc. Hoping there are no problems getting out of the neighborhood by then.

No comments: