Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

continuing

My youngest uncle is still in ICU from his bypass surgery. He's having to deal continuing atrial fibrillation and nausea, which his doctors are planning to treat with drugs. The quintuple bypass ended up being a quadruple bypass surgery. One artery was completely gone. Fortunately, his youngest daughter continues to do a good job of updating us on his condition. She is my go-to source for information. Her life in Peru is on hold for the moment, while she continues to stay here to remain at her parents' side during all of this.

Last night, I enjoyed dinner out with the girls.

This morning, I woke up with a nasty bite of some sort on my finger. Spider, maybe? Usually, spider bites go down and disappear almost as quickly as they pop up but, hours later now, it looks a bit worse - more swollen. I think I'll take a Benadryl in a few minutes in the hope that will make the swelling go away. Fortunately, the bite is not very sore but the swelling and hard bump in the center of it is a concern.

The current agenda is empty. The spider bite has put me off doing any yard work today. I think I'll try to avoid exposing myself to more potential irritants for the next 24 hours.

No comments: