Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The best laid plans don't work.

MonsterMustDie did my Federal tax return for me and EZ-filed it last night. That done, we were planning on him doing my State tax return tonight.

They sent an email back to me today saying certain things don't match up with my info - one of them being my birthdate, which is entered correctly in every instance. Don't know what, if anything, I can or should do about that. I hope someone at H&R Block figures it out or that it is just a computer glitch on their side.

My mother is acting crazier than usual this month. After last week, I had stated to friends that I was planning to be incommunicado with all family until after I find a full-time job, which gives me validation with certain people and allows enough time for my mother to, hopefully, find some equilibrium again on her own. When she goes crazy, she likes to take me with her.

My plans for avoiding family conflicts have now been obliterated by my uncle being scheduled for heart surgery this thursday. If it weren't for younger family members posting on FaceBook, I would never have a clear picture of what is actually going on. I got a hysterical call from my mother while I was at the bank yesterday that did not contain many facts. Fortunately, my youngest cousin has kept me up-to-date.

Today's plans include a visit to the revenant job for an hour or more, followed by more of my job search from home. At this point, I don't know why he still calls me in occasionally and why I bother to show up.

No comments: