Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Health insurance woes

Today's WTF moment:

I have a health insurance bill, due March 11, for $568.67. This is a bill that was supposed to be paid by my revenant employer for the meager hours of work he still gives me from time to time. He does not pay me enough to cover this monthly bill - or my rent. The checks are always suspiciously low even when I spend more time there sometimes and I assumed this was just the cost of the insurance bill being taken from the check. There are no copiers there to make backups of my time cards or billing per job tickets so all payments to me or the pressman who comes in occassionally are on a basis of trust. Not sure what I should do about it other than pay this bill out of my savings and cancel the insurance.

Update:
I went online to eHealthInsurance.com and found significantly less expensive options from two very large, well known insurance companies. I filled out a partial application form and saved it to their site. Then I phoned the insurance rep for the business and asked what gives with me getting a huge insurance bill like that. I faxed the bill to him to review. He said the bill should have gone to the printing company but for some reason, they could not send it to that address so I needed to bring it to them. The revenant employer told me to bring the bill in to them - they have some work for me today - and they would take care of it.

No comments: