Search This Blog

Monday, March 07, 2011

healing

It has been an odd week. The funeral in Alabama was okay, as Aunt Mary's death was not a surprise. I imagine that this brings closure and a bit of relief for her family to finally say goodbye, since disease took Mary away long ago and it just took time for her body to quit. There was a certain shadow to everything. The death of Aunt Mary forebodes the fate of his mother, June, as well because she also has Alzhiemer's now. It is easy to live in some degree of denial from a state away but being with her at the funeral makes him aware again of how far she has deteriorated. Soon, he will have to deal with making arrangements for her to live in a managed care residence. She really is incapable of living independently at this point. I am sure the shadow also hangs over him. One should always plan for the worst and hope for the best.

My arm continues to heal but I'm still on antibiotics. My last doses were yesterday and I hope my body goes back to normal after this medication is out of my system. Between stress over work & money, lack of sleep, my monthly "gift from Mother Nature" and the antibiotics, I have been feeling very diminished this week. Saturday night, I was looking forward to my date with my pillow during dinner to celebrate Uglyfish and EpitomeGirl's birthdays. Sunday, I was only slightly more functional at Ferne's homewarming.
Today, all I want to do is sleep. I know I should be making calls and running errands, but it is 1:30 in the afternoon and I just want to go back to bed.

No comments: