Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013

evening out


Nice evening yesterday. I made it out of the house and to the East Atlanta Farmers Market, met up with Chaz and Mrs. Lounge and MonsterMustDie. Bought some rabbit boudin from Spotted Trotter and some fresh beet dumplings/ravioli and fresh red & green okra. Also met up with Tracy there in the village market.

Mrs. Lounge told me about a quite successful meal she had made by cooking fresh sausage and dumplings and then searing the pasta in the same pan as the sausage. After that she deglazed the pan with a bit of balsamic vinegar and added fresh cherry tomatoes to created a kinda deconstructed pasta sauce. I will try to something a bit similar tonight with what I have on hand here.

Mrs. Lounge also told me about her recent business trip to NYC and the difficulty she had getting into the library there, which has very short hours and is closed altogether on Sundays. The three minutes she got in on her last day in the City convinced her that she must make it a priority to return and, if she's lucky enough to have the time, take a tour of the library.

We decided to have a few adult refreshments together at the Flat Iron before Mr. & Mrs. Lounge headed home to cook dinner. We saw Bridget riding home from work in midtown as we were entering the bar and she and Nelson came back to join us for dinner before we returned to el Rancho. I had the Southwestern veggie burger with 'taters as a side. Nelson had the coleslaw as a side to his sandwich and reported that it was good and quite spicey hot. I need to remember to try the Flat Iron's slaw next time I'm there. We chatted about the voodoo artwork on the walls and their plans to move out of the Southeastern Bible Belt and into the Northwest. I asked them to have my guest room ready wherever they land.

No comments: