Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday gatherings

I made it through the 15-hour days last week and was a bit broken physically by it. Legs, hips, and back were hurting from standing most of the day on a cold concrete floor. I don't think I could have made it through one more day of that kind of work without more serious consequences. I will continue to recover from the sleep deficit for the next several days. I have to admit that days lasting 15 hours made the 104-mile (round trip) commute more worthwhile than if I'd only worked 8 or 10 hours. Still not sure if it was worth the travel time and gasoline but I do have a paycheck to look forward to for what was minimum wage work that I could not have done without a car.


We got through what will probably be the last Winter Solstice party here at el Rancho de WereMonster. Someone was a complete bastard about the entire affair this year and had nothing but complaints about poor turnout and lack of appreciation and manners, for whatever reason. Really, a more emotional woman might have either cried or hit him afterwards. He decided to stay up and be a jerk for a while instead of putting his drunk self to bed like he should have. So, I suppose unless I have a very well-paying job next year to support renting a venue of my own, there are no more parties at el Rancho.

*sigh* Another reason to look forward to possibly moving back to the Fortress Of Solitude in midtown.

I know he's sick and tired of being the main bread-winner in the house. And he considers most of our visitors my friends, not his. I did invite a lot of his friends that did not come to the party. Many of them took holiday vacations out of town. Others chose something else to do with themselves that night.
Lack of work keeps me here without options because, when there is a tenant, the midtown condo is my only income source.


Speaking of holiday gatherings,
I finally got an invitation to my brother's family Christmas gathering, via my mother. I am not sure if he is aware she has invited us or not. She says he just forgot to call or email to let me know when it was. I suspect she might have taken it upon herself to invite us to his house for dinner but I never know what's up with any family goings on. I hope we are invited but I don't have any certain way of knowing. We'll just show up for dinner and hope all is well. I've got gifts wrapped that I need to deliver.


In other news, I am looking forward to an interview on Friday for a regular job near home. I hope hope HOPE that I am a good fit for the position and that they hire me. So it's not all rants and complaints for this posting. Wish me luck!

No comments: