Search This Blog

Friday, December 06, 2013

Work and Changes

In other news, MonsterMustDie had a business dinner with one of the owners of his company and they discussed a planned move to Highpoint, NC in the future. No date has been set and no clear definition of job status after the move was stated. It seems likely that he will have to relocate to North Carolina but they are keeping an office in Atlanta and might keep a position for him here as well. We'll just have to see how this plays out.


My midtown condo is still empty and unfinished. MonsterMustDie did not like the job the man I hired did on it so he is in the process of re-doing all of the work on the ceiling and walls now, when he feels like it. The condo is my only potential source of constant income, if I can get it finished and a responsible tenant in (NO bachelors!), preferably a single, professional woman. If MonsterMustDie continues to drag his feet on working on the place, I might be looking at a return to it if he decides to eventually move to Highpoint, NC without me. At this point, being unemployed as much and as long as I have been, I am just dead weight for him and there is nothing for me in NC.


Yes. I know I am an anxious worrier, always jumping to the worse case scenario first. Then, I have to roll back and mentally go down the more positive path. On the positive side, he could just get a better, less physically demanding, managerial position at the new Atlanta offices when they reorganize the company. I might get a new full time job soon, which would mean a steady paycheck that I could actually build a budget on. And I might have a finished condo and good tenant soon. For that matter, if I did end up back in midtown, I might still be in the running for at job at the first company I interviewed at this week and that would be extremely close to everything. Actually, either of those jobs would be easy to commute to from the city and both are jobs I could do easily. We'll see what happens.


I hope for no great disturbances in the too near future.

No comments: