Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Ghost

I invited everyone I have met and my immediate neighbors to the house for jack o lantern carving and no one came. We did, however have one guest I did not expect.  MonsterMustDie's cousin, a political journalist and photographer, came to visit us on his way south for the winter.  He parked his van in our driveway and spent the night there. He refused our offer to stay in the guestroom,  preferring to stay in the van, which is his little home. It was a good visit for the cousins,  remembering family stories and mutual friends.  He left early the next morning. 
I invited everyone I could to come by Halloween night and only one couple I know showed up,  bearing food and beer. The four of us enjoyed trick-or-treaters together.
I will continue to host Halloween here because the trick-or-treat makes it worthwhile but I'm giving up on everything else.  I only hope I can visit  Atlanta next October and during the holidays next year.

No comments: