Search This Blog

Friday, November 24, 2023

TROUBLES

I believe my current property manager is a con artist. I had a discussion with him on Wednesday about the lack of funds in my shrinking bank account. He said he would put in 2 months payment and figure the rest out after he got back from Thanksgiving holiday. He said he had no idea why his bank was sucking everything back out of my account, like it was a mindless machine. After that discussion, I put a payment block on his company on my account Wednesday after he put money into it. Today, he sucked the last payment out by changing his company name to access my bank account. Now, I’ve had to completely freeze my bank account and I will have to close it to protect my money and open a new account. I need to find a new property manager for the condo. Meanwhile, the contract he has is for 12 months so I may be stuck with him and without any income for a year. I don’t think this affects the current tenant. They are still paying this realtor, who is keeping all of their money, every month but I am getting none the rent money. I need some referrence/financial advice/help with the condo I own in Atlanta. I might need an Atlanta attorney. I might need a new property manager in Atlanta if I can get out of my contract with my current realtor. Rental on the property has been my main source on income since we moved to North Carolina, until recently. I had to change realtor for managing the condo when the previous Real Estate company, stopped handling small individual properties like mine. She recommended the current manager of my condo. The condo has not made any money for me since this guy took control of it on June 1, 2023. It has only cost me money - $250 each month in Condo Association fees + payments to contractors for improvements + special assessments on the building + property taxes. I get monthly distribution emails saying that I’ve been paid and but when I look at my bank statement, every payment is sucked back out of my account in full a couple of days later and not replaced. The nice little emails made me feel like money was going in. It wasn’t. Wednesday was a frustrating day that all started with me trying to get health insurance and going to Healthcare.gov to see if I qualify for anything. Then I checked my bank account to calculate incomes to apply for healthcare and see that my bank account is shrinking every month. I have to cancel my doctors appointments next week because I can’t get insurance and a lot of medical services seem to insist on it. They don’t want to see me if I’m self-paying. I can’t apply for healthcare if I don’t honestly know what my monthly income is when I fill out online forms. I can’t count on the condo rent and I can’t discount it either. I need to cancel all of my subscriptions to everything and try to stop bleeding so much money from my savings. The most frustrating part of that is that Adobe software will charge me $109.98 to end my monthly subscription to all of my work apps. I thought when I had to update my Adobe software it would be a simple pay-by-the-month fee that I could easily drop or pick up again if I wasn’t working with a particular software package. Leaving them effectively ends all of my work possibilities in graphics or photography. So, since I’m not actively working, I suppose I am going to have to go out of graphics and photography altogether now. I can’t keep paying for my own tools. I am almost certain he will file a W9 claiming I made money on the condo this year when the condo has only been costing me a lot of money in HOA fees, property taxes, and maintenance fees. I don’t know what to do or what I can do about any of this. I have no words.

No comments: