Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

life

Yesterday, MonsterMustDie announced to friends on Facebook that he has prostate cancer. We know nothing yet about his condition other than the first basic diagnosis.  He has his first appointment with an oncologist on Thursday. 
I work early Thursday morning.  After work,  I'm planning to go with him to his appointment in the afternoon. 
That evening is our Winter Solstice party,  which I would have never planned if he had told me when his appointment was. He forgot or got the week wrong,  so he didn't tell me the date until this weekend after invitations had already gone out. 

My hope is the party will be a distraction from our troubles and that everything doesn't go down in flames. 

-----
Sight of the day is a man wearing a t-shirt with a grey & black flag on the front saying "Live Free" and the words on back say "The final variant is communism".
I have no idea what that means.  

No comments: