Search This Blog

Friday, December 22, 2023

Winter Solstice 2023

MonsterMustDie had his first oncologist appointment in the afternoon. We waited 45 minutes for a 5 minute visit. The doctor came in, gave us a limp handshake, and simply said he was ordering a PET scan and he would see him again in three weeks if the scan was done and he had results to look at. His cancer is rated at Gleason 8 and PSA level 7.  

We had friends and neighbors at the house for Winter Solstice in the evening. Michael and Marcia could not come because Michael's back in chemo for #5-leukemia. 

Bob & Karen came and were a huge help in layout and cleanup for the gathering. 

My brother Jeffery and sister-in-law Robyn came all the way from Charlottesville, Virginia to be with us that night. They stayed at the Adams Inn on my recommendation and we had breakfast with them this morning before they headed back home. 

When we got home and were coming in, the PET lab called and set up his appointment for the afternoon of January 3. It was good to get that on the schedule and be one step closer to dealing with this health crisis in whatever way we need to. 

I worked the afternoon at the dress shop. I almost forgot to go. I lost track of the days and my schedule. I made it back home from work by 6:33pm to find MonsterMustDie already in bed for the night.  

No comments: