Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2002

You can not fuck a person into happiness.
Friends don't expect that from each other.

No one can save another person from themselves. We can certainly aid each other and provide support and strength, but ultimately we are responsible for ourselves. Just like no one can expect to "fix" an alcoholic or addict of any other kind.

No friendship is immune from sexual expectation. My grandmother says "The penis rules the world." and perhaps she is right.

I maintain my right to say no. I also maintain my right to protect myself from disasters I can see forming in the distance when others are still oblivious. I would like to say I've been proven wrong on my assumptions in the past, but I never have. I have, tragically, been right in my gut feelings every time and repeatedly have to remind myself of this when I try to ignore my instincts.

I am sorry if that makes some people feel like I'm cold and unloving. I give love freely and have good friends I would do anything for. This kind of sacrifice will not help anyone and will only make matters much much worse.

No comments: