Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Happy 90th Birthday to my Grandmother

I've just been hanging out with old people and puppies and cable television. Spent most of today hanging out with my family, watching cable TV and doing laundry. Went out to eat at the Olive Garden and came back to the house stuffed on salad and grilled tuna. Came home. Checked email. Got a phone call from Murray in N.J. He's planning to come into Atlanta on or around July 4. Wants to start a business here with Larry, who is going to hell in a handbasket right now living with two other 40-something mooches in a sad middle aged version of the teen bachelor pad. Murray joining Larry: maybe something good - maybe something bad - we just don't know. Should be interesting. I have not bothered to tell him about my favorite Monster now taking up large portions of my life at the moment. I'll deal with listening to his usual response if he really does come down here. I am not taking him seriously nor do I want to at this point.

Speaking of ghosts from the past trying to suck the life blood out of decent folks, I wonder how J (who is still haunted by B) is doing lately. I really need to get in touch with her. It bothers me when she doesn't check in and let me know she's okay. I miss our coffee chat.

Happy Birthday today to my Grandmother Crowe, who is 90 years old.
Lets hope the outdoor family party my uncle and his wife have planned for her doesn't cause her or anyone else to die of heat-stroke this Saturday.

No comments: