Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2004

It's a strange week here. Getting stranger.



Yesterday morning, John's father passed away. He'd been suffering from numerous illnesses for a long time. I told John last night I'd go to the funeral with him. I planned to get up early Saturday morning, drive to Pell City, Alabama to be with him and his family and drive home after the funeral to be back in Atlanta before dark. It's a two-hour trip each way.


This morning my father phoned apparently not long after he'd gotten up and informed me that he was going with me to John's father's funeral in Pell City, Alabama. I had not told my family I was already planning to drive there for it so that was not a influence in my father's thoughts. Personally, I don't really know if Dad is really up to four hours on the road in one day. He's been a bit out of breath these days. Taking a road trip alone with my Dad, something we've never done, at a time when his health is already delicate is really going to be a task.

No comments: