Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

fading lights



My grandmother Crowe is still in ICU. Mother and my oldest uncle are at her side as much as they can.


On the other side of things, babies are sprouting everywhere. I've been looking forward to the baby welcome party for Deb and Kev on Sunday. I also got a baby shower invitation from one cousin this week, I think for the same day. That cousin's sister is due to have her baby this Friday, if it doesn't come sooner. Urghh... D&K or my cousin. Normally family would come first with no hesitation, but my family is so very not in touch with me and this same cousin did not invite me to her last baby shower twelve years ago. D&K's gathering will be happy, loving people that I see fairly often and I am dying to see their new baby daughter. I guess this all depends on hourly schedule and whether I make it out to go shopping for shower gifts this week.


And in the end, everything hangs on my grandmother's future.

No comments: