Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2004

gray state



Monster is in town for flea markets and just hanging out. There are voices of ghosts from the past in the electrical ether.


My mother phoned last night to tell me that they'd had to put my remaining grandmother - the one I love and am close to - in ICU the previous evening. No information on what's wrong exactly, only my mother's frustration at what she perceives to be the doctors' complete disinterest in treating or diagnosing my grandmother, who turned 90 in June. Of course, all family information is rationed out through a distorted filter most of the time, so all I can do is wait for the next call. There are no visitors for her other than my mother and uncles for the time being. My mother tells me that my grandmother is too out of it to really communicate or notice anyone now, even if they did visit her.


This year is turning into quite a season of death.

No comments: