Search This Blog

Friday, November 04, 2005

After work last night, I went to JoyCam's house to deliver the remote for the Sony Television and pick up Monster's new hot glue gun that he'd lost during the giant puppet making. Sat for a few minutes in the kitchen chatting with Joy, who was making pizza dough for pesto snacks, and nibbled on fontina cheese. The Sony TV is in a new home at Joel's house because his TV died so it's in a good home now. Joy will get the remote to Joel, who has been at their house a lot lately.


After the JoyCam house, I took a CD of Halloween photos to C, who had a beautiful altar de muertos set up on her back deck. A friend who is in Mexico now had sent her many wonderful sugar skulls, skull cookies, and pan de los muertos that she'd used to set up her altar with along with photos of departed friends and marigolds. Just lovely. I had thought setting up a similar alter for my father and Monster's father, who both passed on this year along with both of my grandmothers, but never did it. Now I really wish I had. It's kinda a kill-joy for me when Monster is not so much in to festival and holidays like I am. I need to move and think much more independently at home in order to ensure my happiness in the future. To his credit, Monster was great for the Halloween Parade and an excellent puppet builder.


FunLisa and Brant have been hanging around with each other since this year's parade. Monster and I might join them tonight for billiards and darts. Seems like the best way to spend this Friday night, since he's let me know that we will not begin clearing out the living room to paint tonight. Not yet but soon.

No comments: