Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving

We spent Wednesday night at my brother and sister-in-law's house, where she cooked her second turkey ever and did a splendid job. The bird was roast stuffed with carrots, onion, and celery and basted with a dry white wine. My brother made the sage dressing. My neice helped with the rolls. My nephew stayed in the living room, absorbed in his new Kong video game.


Thanksgiving day, we took my mother to Horseradish Grill for their prefixe Thanksgiving Dinner. Very good meal. Excellent wine that, although I enjoyed it very much, I would have never ordered if I'd seen the price per glass. The Silver Oak 2001 cabernet sauvignon is very rich, dry, full bodied, leggy, and woody. It's a lovely wine from Alexander Valley.


Today, with any luck, we'll start work on painting the living room (finally!).

No comments: