Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

fretting over Thanksgiving



I sent out a group email to my family with only one response from an uncle about Thanksgiving Day.
Monster will probably be going to Alabama to be with his family for the holiday. My brother's family spends the holidays with his in-laws. That leaves me without a clue on what to do with my mother. I'd love to spend the day puttering around the house and trying new recipes for the possible Winter Solstice gathering here but I don't want her to be alone on any of the holidays. I think the best possible solution is a very nice dinner out but I do need to leave an opening for Monster, just in case he's around, to join us. Most of the favorite places are booked solid already except for those with a first-come seating, which a wait that she can't or won't do on her bad knees. I asked to be on the will-call list at HorseRadish Grill, in case there are any cancellations.

No comments: