Search This Blog

Monday, October 02, 2006

How was your day, dear?

It sucked.

The Irritant got hysterically bent out of shape when I said I would get to a new request as soon as I changed and saved a file, rather than drop half an hour's worth of work and short-term memory and rip open a mystery file that just came in for a job that didn't exist yet. While I was trying to save and close out of a job, he went tattling to Boss #1 on how I wasn't obeying quickly enough to the demands of my (apparently) my new lord and master (His Virile Excellency). Boss #1, quite thankfully, sided with me in the (meaningless) incident. He apologized for the "slight misunderstanding, if there was one" with Boss # 1 in the room and after Boss #1 left, he quickly added "I thought (Boss #1) wanted to make money, but I guess I'm wrong." (Sometimes I wish I had a tape recorder.)

Days like this, I really don't want to go back to work in the morning.

Meanwhile, the house we rent and live in and the condo I own continue to suck more money out of my savings and more time that Monster could be using to make money. Today, Monster had to skip work to wait most of the day into the afternoon for a plumber to fix a broken pipe that forced us to go all weekend with the water to the house turned off.

No comments: