Search This Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2007

very cold here

Valentines date last night at my favorite Italian restaurant in Midtown. I had the not-so-Italian dish of grilled salmon on mashed potatoes and a glass of Firesteed Pinot Noir. He had the gnochi and arrugula with chicken and a Peroni. Though it would have been nice to go to Babette's, this was a very good dinner in a quiet spot with great ambiance at a fraction of the cost. I've missed going there and told him that it would be great to come occassionally (low-traffic) nights mid-week just for desert or snacks to the same place. He agreed with that and I plan to hold him to it.

It's been cold, wintery weather all week here. My feet and seat are cold at work and I'm warming my hands with hot tea when I can. Tonight it's tapas with a large group friends and I truly hope that we aren't stuck on the somewhat heated, tented front porch of the restaurant we're meeting at. This is how much I love doing things with friends. I will sit in a very uncomfortable hard chairs in a cold room just to be with them.

I plan to spend the rest of the weekend baking and cooking at home and having my personal mixologist making martinis or hot cider.

No comments: