Search This Blog

Monday, December 08, 2008

shopping list

Shopping is what's rolling around in my head for this evening.

Planning to pick up a couple of new ornaments for this year's tree tonight. Maybe some garland too, if there is something nice in a large enough quantity - takes more than you'd think to cover a tree, just like lights.

There are only two people on my family holiday shopping list that I absolutely must find something for: my neice and nephew. Usually it's gift cards for them, at their age (he's 16, she's 18). This year I actually have a couple of themes to work with. For him, car accessories in UGA colors of Red or Black. He's sixteen, has his first car (an SUV with the back filled with speaker instead of cargo or passenger space). She's a college freshman and has a dorm room to decorate in similar colors of Red, White, Black. Still might be giving gift cards unless I see something really astounding or too weird (unique) to pass up. I am after all, in my family's eyes, the eccentric Auntie Jules. The kids, they're actually very conservative and preppy (excuse the antiquated term) but they actually seem more impressed by the unusual. Online shopping is the easiest because I can just have gifts sent straight to them since I never know when or if I'll see my family over the holidays.

No comments: