Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Wedding Planning

MonsterMustDie is still reluctant about places and spaces even though our wedding is less than four months away. Thus, I have not been free to have invitations created, other than just using social media. He won't ask if we can use space in the building for a reception and/or rain day and he won't say its okay for me make other arrangements.

I still need to figure out the cake thing. I do not want plain layer cake with buttercream icing. 

I haven't really started looking for a dress locally. I have been looking at Pinterest for ideas on dresses. Don't know any place here other than Belk to source a wedding dress and, for all I know, they might have some okay dresses. I am doing all of this alone so motivation is less than if I had friends physically here to inspire me. For all I know, I might still end up wearing the black dress I wore for my niece's wedding and my mother's funeral. It's the only nice dress I have. 

I plan to serve tapas-style food at the reception. Real food in small bites that can be eaten casually rather than a sit-down dinner, although I am planning to rent chairs and tables for the wedding. He is dragging his feet on even asking if we can have the reception at his workplace, The Mill. This week, it looks like we will most likely be having any reception in our little house and for that I am just planning to clear out the living room and put up folding tables. I won't use the rented chairs or tables if it's at our house. 

There is no budget for a restaurant dinner the night before. I am probably paying for all of this out of my savings. He has not offered to help with any of this and if it were up to him, we would just go to the courthouse to sign a marriage license and be done with it. I'll leave the marriage license to him. I'll have to handle everything else. 

My family has not come forward with any offers to help make this happen. This is ironic since they have been so hot for me to marry John since my mother died. 

I'm okay with working on the cheap but I do think I should at least get a wedding out of this arrangement. Is he trying to find a passive way out of it? I don't think so because he has also wanted us to marry for a long time. Any social situation causes him a great deal of stress and the idea of spending money on me also makes him anxious. He's been very unhappy with my inability to make a living here for a long time. If he has to endure a wedding, he will be happier if I can put everything together and just have him show up for it. 

No comments: